Monday, July 25, 2011

Vacationing "Cent"sibly

So my vacation is getting closer and we finally got our room booked. We are going to the Oregon Coast so it was getting kind of scary looking at room prices. I need to do this for an affordable price but thankfully we pulled off a great rate for a room.

Before I go in to the information about the room let me tell you how I am saving on fuel. We are going to a family reunion and luckily we have an extra seat in the vehicle so my mother is going to ride with us. By doing that we are going to share the fuel costs. It is saving her on a plane ticket and me on filling up my suburban how many times and covering the costs alone. I know we are lucky that we have someone else going with us so I can split this and it will not always be the case but if it is a possibility I highly suggest carpooling for vacation.

Now on to the room. Instead of a regular hotel room we found a place that has 3 sets of bunk beds and one of them has a full size bed on the bottom. With a regular hotel room I was going to have to get two rooms. Because of this set up I only need one and it is half the price. There is a catch to it being so affordable though. It has no tv. I am okay with that because I do not plan on being in the room other than to sleep anyway. They do however have wifi so I can bring my laptop and use netflix for the kids while we are getting ready for our day and I need them entertained for a bit. I am very excited about this being so affordable.

Just remember to always look at options. Get creative and don't just assume you have to pay the more expensive way. Chances are you can pay less with everything you do if you just step outside the box. Keep watching for more tips and to see what I do to save on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment